Sunday, February 5, 2012

Perry Miniatures - Bashi-Bazouk Cavalry


I have just finished basing my latest painted figures from Leroy Simpson. They are the superbly designed Bashi Bazouk cavalry from Perry Miniatures. I have had Leroy paint this unit in order to support my Egyptian infantry in the hunting down of the Mahdi...... whether they will stand up to the first charge I am unsure but they make a nice little addition and colour to the game. Leroy has painted these guys beautifully and in order to replicate the Bashi-buzuq horse on plate 7 (page 18) of 'Go Strong into the Desert'. This is also the first time I think I have ever seen the figures painted by anyone before so please enjoy Leroy's work.



Command


First of the three other stands


2nd stand


3rd stand


The very nicely painted commander of the troop


Standard bearer


Drummer


And my favourite figure


17 comments:

Rodger said...

Beautiful Vinnie. Lovely painting and basing.

BigRedBat said...

Fantastic paintwork! Leroy is very skilled.

Cheers, Simon

Michael Awdry said...

Beautifully painted, you must be pleased. The basing is great too.

Phil said...

Wonderful painting! A great work!

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Indeed they are wonderful!

Christopher

Willie Anderson said...

Vinnie those are great Leroy really has made a great job of these.

Silver Whistle said...

What a great looking unit to add to your collection. Your basing is superb and really enhances the look of the unit.

DaveD said...

Excellent stuff... I have just added these to lead mountain, and very inspiring to see them painted, that has bumped them up the painting list !

Giles said...

wow. Those are fantastic.

Crazy Joe said...

Always and inspiring blog, but doing nothing for my butterfly approach to gaming. Been resisting the Sudan for ages now, but I'm weakening!

;O)

Scott Robertson said...

Looking great mate, look forward to playing a game when I come up to Townsville. Cheers Scott

Baconfat said...

Your painting really brings them to life, the photos are almost 3D.

Hendrid said...

Superb looking figures, I'm well impressed with these.

Astonlover said...

They look amazing! Keep it up!

Stuart S said...

Vinnie whose flags has Leroy used?
I am just starting my Bashi-Bazouk Cavalry but amstruggling to find a suitable flag manufacturer for Ottoman Turk, Egyptian forces.
Cheers
Stu

Vinnie said...

Hey Stuart,

I hand painted the flags myself, so I am not sure if they would be historically correct. But the do look good.

All the best

NnoitraJiruga said...

lovely figures :) awesome blog feels nostalgic lol here is another nostalgic site Helicopter Game